Katana -Muneshige - Uchigatana Koshirae -Ubu Nakago - Gendai Era
Muneshige was born in 1932 and learned sword making techniques from Munehiro, a master of modern swords. The swords of the Mune family are famous for cutting very well. This sword is Muneshige's reproduction of the famous Suishinshi Masahide's sword, which was a favorite of Katsu Kaishu. Masahide played an important role in the history of swords as one of the three master swordsmiths of the Shinshinto period, along with Kiyomaro and Naotane.
This sword is shaped in a way that is typical of practical Japanese swords. On the front of the nakago, the characters "Reproduction of Suishinshi Masahide" are engraved. And on the back side is engraved "I made this sword with sincerity in memory of Katsu Kaishu." You will be impressed by its excellent sharpness. The blade is also engraved with Hi grooves, making it an ideal sword for iai. The scabbard is lacquered with high-grade shinobue and equipped with one rank higher metal fittings. This is a recommended gem for appreciation and as a new family heirloom.
- Blade length: 77.0 cm
- Curvature: 1.8 cm
- Number of Mekugi hole: 1
- Sakihaba: 22.0 mm
- Sakikasane: 4.2 mm
- Motohaba: 30.4 mm
- Motokasane: 6.2 mm
- Signature: Chikushu ju Muneshige saku Utsushi Suishinchi Masahide(front), Katsu Kaishu wo Shinobi Seishin Seii, Heisei Hinototori Nen Shimozuki Kichijitsu(back)
- Era: Gendai
- Structure: Shinogi-zukuri, Iori-mune
- Jitetsu: Itame
- Hamon: Midare Nio Shimaru
- Boshi: Komaru ni Kaeru
- Nakago: Ubu
- Nakago: Suriage
- Koshirae: Tetsukon silk tsuka wrapping with Shinobue lacquered saya
- Weight(without Saya): 890 g
- Original Registration No.: Fukuoka 106106
Please contact us if the katana you are looking for is not listed here.