Katana/Wakizashi Daisho Set - Masahisa(Katana)/Mumei(Wakizashi) - NBTHK Certificate - Uchigatana/Shirasaya Koshirae - Ubu Nakago - Koto Era
This Daisho set of Katana and Wakizashi is from the Mihara school, which was active in Bingo (present-day Hiroshima Prefecture). The Bingo region produced high-quality steel, so many swordsmiths who had inherited the Yamato-den style emigrated to the area at that time. Swords of the Mihara school are highly regarded for their sharpness, and the founder of the school was Masaie. Both Katana and the Wakizashi have been authenticated by NBTHK, with the Katana having a certificate of Tokubetsu Hozon(Special Preservation) and the Wakizashi having a certificate of Hzon(reservation).
The condition of the swords is relatively well preserved considering the age, with some minor scratches and minor dents in places. There are no fatal flaws.
The Katana has hada mixed with itame and mokume with jinie. Hamon is based on Chu-suguha, with koashi in places. The boshi is Komal. The front of the nakago is engraved with the inscription, "Made by Masahisa, a resident of the Mihara region of Bishu. The back of the nakago is engraved with the inscription August of the 10th year of Eiroku. Wakizashi is a very prestigious piece with Hoso-suguha on the masame hada. The boshi are hakikake style. Although unsigned, it shows the characteristics of the Mihara school.
In addition to the Shirasaya fitting, both the Katana and the Wakizashi are equipped with a common theme koshirae. The round copper tsuba is plain and serene, and the holes in the kogai are filled with gold-colored metal. The fuchi-gashira and menuki are decorated with festive motifs. The scabbard is lacquered with high-grade Kanshitsu lacquer. The Wakizashi is equipped with a kozuka.
This set, which is equipped with both Katana and Wakizashi in a unified theme, and the swords are in relatively well-preserved condition, will be sold at a very reasonable price. Don't miss out on this opportunity.
- Blade length: 63.6 cm(Katana)/35.6 cm(Wakizashi)
- Curvature: 1.7 cm(Katana)/0.6 cm(Wakizashi)
- Number of Mekugi hole: 1(Katana)/1(Wakizashi)
- Sakihaba: 19.0 mm(Katana)/18.3 mm(Wakizashi)
- Sakikasane: 3.9 mm(Katana)/3.5 mm(Wakizashi)
- Motohaba: 27.7 mm(Katana)/24.2 mm(Wakizashi)
- Motokasane: 5.2 mm(Katana)/4.3 mm(Wakizashi)
- Signature: Bishu Mihara Ju Masahisa Saku(front), Eiroku Junen Hachigatsubi(back)(Katana)/No signature(Wakizashi)
- Era: Koto
- Structure: Shinogi-zukuri, Iori-mune(Katana/Wakizashi)
- Jitetsu: Itame with partly Mokume(Katana)/Masame(Wakizashi)
- Hamon: Chu-suguha with Nie(Katana)/Hoso-suguha(Wakizashi)
- Boshi: Komaru ni Kaeru(Katana)/Hakikake(Wakizashi)
- Weight(Blade only): 590g(Katana)/240 g(Wakizashi)
- Nakago: Suriage(Katana/Wakizashi)
- Original Registration No.: Yamagata 8312(Katana)/Fukushima 41097(Wakizashi)
Please contact us if the katana you are looking for is not listed here.