Katana - Kaneyoshi - Gunto/Shirasaya Koshirae - Ubu Nakago - Gendai Era
This sword was made by Kanayoshi Okada, who was an exclusive swordsmith for the army. He quit making swords after the end of World War II, so this gem is now very rare and valuable. The hada of the sword is characterized by a well-defined itame and niedeki midare hamon. Active hataraki such as aranie, tama, and sunagashi are also very visible in ha. Boshi is a dynamic hakikake.
The make is a 94-style military sword koshirae that is modeled after the traditional Japanese tachi. The scabbard is wrapped entirely in sharkskin for a very high quality finish. It was probably made for a high ranking officer. It is also equipped with shirasaya for preservation. Considering the quality and preservation condition, this is a very good value for the price.
- Blade length: 66.6 cm
- Curvature: 1.5 cm
- Number of Mekugi hole: 1
- Sakihaba: 21.0 mm
- Sakikasane: 6.5 mm
- Motohaba: 32.0 mm
- Motokasane: 7.5 mm
- Signature: Noshu Seki Ju Okada Kaneyoshi Saku
- Era: Gendai
- Structure: Shinogi-zukuri, Iori-mune
- Jitetsu: Ko-itame
- Hamon: Notare and some Gunome and Midare
- Boshi: Notareni Hairi Kaeru
- Weight(blade only): 820 g
- Hamon: Midare with part Choji
- Nakago: Ubu
- Koshirae: 94-style Gunto Koshirae
- Original Registration No.: Aichi 72959
Please contact us if the katana you are looking for is not listed here.